Monday, May 11, 2009

I have no idea what to do with my Mondays....and I like that fact

Thankfully, the Religious Education year has come to an end. Since September I have worked until 8 pm on Monday evenings. We have back to back sessions, K-5 and 6-8. We sing, we learn the week's patron saint, we have great volunteers. I teach a lot of pre-teens about the meaning of respect (for teachers, for the church, for their peers) which they apparently have never heard of before. We have 3 rules: respect, equality and investment...foreign concepts these days, you would think we are speaking in ancient Greek...

But, its all over until next September and tonight is my first free Monday in 9 months and I'm not sure what to do...do I go home? the laundromat? the bank? I made an appointment to get my haircut tomorrow, something I have not done in over a year. I was going to go to the DMV as my license expires next Monday, but they are closed.

I feel strangely free, and its a little exhilarating. It's not completely over yet, We still have two more first communion masses next weekend and the Steubenville East Summer Retreat to organize.

Susan says to me today, "Want to make the First Communion certificates tonight?" good idea, to get ahead of ourselves a bit at a time we are used to working already. And now this plan has turned into watching Twilight on the big movie screen with the awesome speakers in the Visitation Hall with some friends while we have dinner and work on the certificates...I can't think of a much better Monday, except maybe not working at all and going to see Star Trek, but I can do that later in the week.

And it will get my mind off the fact that I am unable to watch the Met games when in CT...

The Mets have won seven straight games and are in first place, not getting comfy but it sure feels good to be a Met fan...

And it sure feels good, to be winding down for the summer here at church :)

And I went for a hike this morning and did some sketching and took some pictures.

'Chatfeild Hollow' is this gorgeous state park nearby with awesome trails and rivers and boulders.

Relaxation is my favorite.

here are some shots from Chatfeild today:



2 comments:

Chris said...

nice photos--that place looks great.

andrea johnson said...

we went there once...remeber the park with the bridge?