Thursday, October 2, 2008

my 'At Least' perspective..because that is the only option left..



Still in a bit of a funk over Shea Stadium...





Was checking out this site today...



http://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/Current%20Ballparks.htm





I think maybe loving something, anything at all, means eventual heartache...







I was looking at all the 'stadiums of the past' on this site, and thinking of all the fields that were demolished because the teams left the city...





I guess at the end of the day, even though they suck, and maybe a little because they do...we still have our Mets.





Thank you William Shea.
At least I got to spend as much time there as I did...great times, with great people.




At least we'll always have the memories of Shea, and maybe make some new ones at Citi Field, though it will never be the same. At least they're not shipping of to Cali, where my dad says, "they keep all the fruits and nuts" at least we'll still have our obnoxious noise of LGA overhead...

At least we still have a place to go watch our boys lose and sometimes win...





At least for Met fans, we know we're real fans...not like those Bornx front runners that complain and point the finger everytime they're not winning, which *gasp* means someone else is, and that they suck. The way they treated Joe Torre and sounded off about not making the playoffs this year just goes to show what little girls they are.

At least the Mets invited the people and players they screwed over the years, back to the closing ceremonies at Shea...Ah well, Torre was too busy with the playoffs anyway to go back to the BX anyway...and I mean I have no lost love for Torre anyway





Met fans go to games, we go to love and hate our boys, when they win and lose..there is passion in the stands, booing or cheering, and that is real love for a real team...





Looking at the stadium charts on that website I counted up the stadiums where I've seen games... San Diego and Atlanta were probably the most horrific...teams in Pennant races, with thousands and thousands of empty seats...
1 run ball games with the 'fans' that did show up talking about what was on tv the previous night and leaving in the 7th inning...Turner Field had more Met fans in my section than Braves fans...and they weren't even yelling at us! At Angels Stadium, the fans were excited, I guess, but that was the year they won the series...I've been to 9 National League parks and 6 American League ones ...and they all had something unique. I did get to go down the slide at Miller Park in Wisconsin, freeze my but off at Coors Field, Eat at a sit dowm Restaurant in Right Field in Maryland, see Disneyland and its fireworks in Anahiem( fireworks EVERY night would get old I imagine), just sit there in Minnesota, and swim at the BoB in Arizona, but none were home like Shea was..because of the memories there...





But also...as much as you have the love hate with the team, you have the love hate with other Mets fans as well...and no where, in all my travels...have I ever seen fans like Met fans....


Lord save us from the BX bombers and Red Sox nation...ugghhh..it almost felt sacriligious to be physiclaly present at those stadiums...give me a dirtied up Shea surrounded by friends family, other families, and loud obnoxiouos yankee fans who get into drunken fights with loud obnoxious met fans...I'll take that ANY DAY...over the peaceful, amenity filled, beautiful civilization of Camden Yards...



At least we can try to bring that fan grit to the new park.
At least we can hope
At least we can remember
At least we can dream

And the Metsies they have five month reprieve to 'find themselves' AGAIN


Maybe they will :


Fire Minaya...


Get the Wilpons will sell...


Not choke


Bury the Phillies in last place

Ring in the new park with such postseason glory that we can learn to love a new home...in a new way


But those are just the hopes for another season, in the 'just wait til next year' fashion...


At least, no matter what happens they will still be our team, like a marriage, for better or for worse...just seems like a lot more worse lately

"We'll always have Shea"

No comments: