Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Getting in the holiday Spirit

The top 25 Christmas movies of all time...according to moviefone?!?!?!?

Some of these (I feel) are WAY off!!!!...starting with:

25. The Polar Express- I couldn't stomach it..what a horrible thing to do to a classic children’s book!!!bad..tom hanks... bad bad...no... stop it....

24. We’re No Angels- never heard of it, maybe I’m uncultured??? Humphrey Bogart...

23. The Muppet Christmas Carol_ Michael Kane and Kermit- GAH!!

22. Joyeux Noel- This is one I would like to see. it is an incredible story about the ceasefire on Christmas during WWI, but I like my war movies on Veteran’s and Memorial days, maybe on the fourth of July...not so much Christmas

21. Gremlins- Now we’re talking!!! and I love it even if that makes me a dork. Mogwai+Christmas=love "bright light bright light!"


20. The Santa Clause- Shoot me now. This movie sucked so much. Actually, the 15 minutes I watched sucked, I'm guessing about the rest of it...


19. Bad Santa- I actually haven’t seen this but have heard it was funny, if crude…( which is kind of why I didn't see it...Billy bob kind of grosses me out...I can take a gross comedy but not on Jesus' birthday....)

18. The Dead- Another classic, um haven’t seen it, but the story by James Joyce was good…not a huge fan of Anjelica Houston though and the title kind of makes me not want to watch it on Christmas.


17. The Shop around the Corner- Okay, I thought I knew my movies...I would like to see this I did not know that the 'You’ve Got Mail' debacle was based on a classic…with Jimmy Stewart even!!!


16. Die Hard- W-O-W best Christmas action in town...amazing flick "Yippie-Ki-yay..."

15. Love Actually- um that movie was so dumb, and more like ‘sex actually’ pretentious self-absorbed Brits sleeping with each other on the holidays…no thank you…

14. The Bishop’s Wife- a classic of course and better than 'The Preacher’s Wife' remake, but not one of my 'must see's at Christmas


13. The Nightmare before Christmas- I think I am one of the few people that has not seen this movie…Krissy’s favorite J

12. Holiday Inn- LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie!!!I have always loved this film, this is the first time White Christmas was sung.


11. A Christmas Carol (1951 version with Alastair Sim) This is a good version that kind of creeps me out…in the good Dickens way of course...

10. National Lampoon’s Christmas vacation- Chevy Chase at his finest…


9. Babes in Toyland- No no no. This one always gave me freaky nightmares as a child…Laurel and Hardy just are creep-tastic

8. Home Alone- used to love it…it can get so overdone though, its played-out


7. Christmas in Connecticut- never seen it, or heard of it…Barbara Stanwyk…1942

6.ELF- is there awesome in this movie? Than YES!


5. White Christmas- One of my all-time favorite’s since I was a kid…I love Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye in this movie, its so much fun

4. Scrooged- AMAZING, gives me the warm fuzzy when they staple antlers to the mice....

3. Miracle on 34th Street- More of a Thanksgiving movie for me…but of course a great movie , "You're Intoxicated!"


2. It’s a wonderful Life- This should not be number 2…

1. A Christmas Story- I would flip this one with "Its a Wonderful Life"

Those last two are the best of all time...I have to watch them every year...

So what would you add to this list?????

my person additions...in no way does this make these movies great, I just like them...

Bells of St. Mary's- C'mon people at moviefone...what the heck!!!????

The Ref- I'm a sucker for Dennis Leary

Jingle All the Way- Its so horrible that its funny...one of Phil Hartman's last movies. Arnold is terrible and so is Sinbad, but Phil's scenes are great...and "I know what I'm talking about because I Went to junior college for a semester and I studied Psychology"

The Family Stone- I liked Luke Wilson and Rachel McAdams in this..it was kind of cute...if overly sentimental adn proud of itself...

I know they aren't movies but 'Christmas Specials' but I love:
'A Charlie Brown Christmas" is amazing...
and
"How The Grinch Stole Christmas" every who down in whoville gives it two thumbs up....and
"The House without a Christmas Tree"...*tear*


here is a list of the ten worst Christmas movies of all time...http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/top-5/the-ten-worst-christmas-movies-of-all-time.php
but that list forgets..."Christmas comes to Willow Creek" which reunited those pesky Duke boys....

Well, I've got to get back to work at my little parish here in CT...The youth group is in charge of making 120 Thanksgiving baskets for the poor...The secretary and I are preparing...we're sorting all of the food, turkeys and pies in the garage (which looks like a grocery store right now (PRAISE GOD!!!) AND our resident Santa Clause (aka Richard Zotti..he has an AMAZING beard) just dropped off a Christmas tree (my hands smell and feel like sap) for our fair on Saturday AND we have to print up all the programs for the Ecumenical Thanksgiving service on Sunday evening...AND I have to go to liqueur store and get more empty boxes to put he food in for the families because we ran out...so now I'm going to be like, "Hello Happy thanksgiving, here is your basket of food...yes that is a Smirnoff box..." classy I know....

I'm losing my mind a little bit...

Maybe if I watch more movies I can forget reality enough to function robotically this year.

"Now Harry, Sam, have a lot of fun..."

And I'm done...because I'm not nearly

4 comments:

Maria said...

Annie this is Jack
What about the Sponge Bob Square Pants Christmas?!!???????!!!!!!!??
You unbeliever what happened to your faith in Sponge Bob!

Maria said...

Annie- love The Santa Clause AND Muppet Christmas Carol and Very Muppet Christmas..sorry

Agree with you about the rest...especially the cartoons...We also like the rugrats Christmas specials

Rachel loves Annabell's wish. (My kids liked it when they were that age)

I think the Bishop's Wife should be higher on the list.

Maria said...

ANNIE--

Don't like...Star Wars Christmas Special

The kids say they don't like Spot's Christmas but I still love it!

Maria, Jack and Kate

andrea johnson said...

Jack- I have not seen this Sponge Bob Christmas of which you speak...you must bring it with you...

Maria-like the Muppets with John Denver one...I've actually never seen the bishop's wife all the way through....and never heard of Anabell's wish...looks like we have some tv watching to do this Christmas!!!

Stars Wars Christmas was pretty horendously awful...lol