Thursday, November 13, 2008

Top Chef New York! My life needs more meaning...

So this past Sunday I was late for work because Chris and Krissy and I watched a Top Chef marathon...well I watched, krissy was packing and watching and Chris mocked..but it was a really funny show...Ilan defeated Marcel!!! Yay!

The new season premiered last night. Top Chef New York..
tag line "With over 650,00 food service workers in the city that never sleeps...the competition is fiercer than ever before...if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere." said over dramatic music...

After eliminations from a challenge of who could peel 15 apples the fastest with a pearing knife...which led to apples covered in blood...but well peeled....one 'top chef' candidate was sent to 'pack up your knives and go home' before ever getting to see the Top Chef kitchen *tear* poor Lauren, she really wantred to be Top Chef!

They took the remaining 16 top chefs and sent them in pairs to different parts of the city to be inspired to make ethnic food...i.e. China Town, Little Italy, Astoria, Brighten Beach...etc...
and unfortunately yet inevitably another chef was eliminated later for a sub-par chinese dish with 'gummy' rice noodles...and you call yourself a CHEF!!!! its back to the Culinary Institue of America for Patrick...so sad...he really wanted to be Top Chef too!

They have quite a collection of chefs...the three gay ones call themselves "Team Rainbow" and the two Europeans think , "its really time for a European to be Top Chef" Yes because winning an american game show will prove to the world that they are wrong in that age old assumption thatAmerican chef's are superior to European ones....wow... Another chef from Miami runs around teh kitchen talking to himself like a crazy person adn is constantly talking about his looks and how he always makes sure his waitstaff checks his hair before he goes out front...
its going to fun watching this.

In the scenes for next week...one of the really mean judges is seen spitting into a napkin and saying "I have found the weapns of mass destruction...and they are in this bowl." That pretty much made my night..I can't wait until next Wednesday...somehow seeing really arrogant chefs reduced to tears by pompous judges for an hour really makes me feel good about myself...

I shouldn't watch...but I know I probably will...

good day to you

3 comments:

David Dust said...

I LOVE Top Chef. And I totally hope Martha Stewart is evil when she is the guest judge.

CLICK HERE for DavidDust's Top Chef New York recap.

:)

Maria said...

I saw some of that episode too... You know what reality show is really fun
TOTAL DRAMA ISLAND!!!!!

Duncan got kicked off. The mean girl, goth girl and fat nerd boy are left. We are all rooting for the fat nerd boy!!

we only have 8 days until a true reality show!!! 24!!!

2 weeks until we are cooking in Libby's kitchen!

Chris said...

joyeux noel was a good movie