Thursday, January 8, 2009

A cold and snowy wind...

A cold and snowy wind is blowing all around me...my office windows are rattling...I want to go home but there is no end in sight...and apparantly I'm on the interent procrastinating...

January 8th Office quote:
"Ladies and gentlemen, I have some bad news. Meredith was hit by a car....It happened this morning in the parking lot. I took her to the hospital. The doctors tried to save her life, they did the best they could...and she is going to be okay."
Michael Scott

My favorite part of that scene is not in the quote though, when Stanley yells at him and says, "What the HELL is wrong with you?!"

I'm having a long day at work today, I have so much paperwork and projects and planning...(Ski trip for this year leaves on Friday the 13th...makes me wary...and I'm already planning the summer retreat and all the fundraising for it because we are so broke...First Reconciliation next week, Confirmation, First COmmunion and Easter Vigil Sacramental prep, confirmation exam review this weekend...ugggghhhhhh)

Motivational speaker this weekend too and we're calling 280 people to remind/beg them to come...YAY...He's flying in during a mjor snow storm adn I have to go get him and host him all weekend...good times...

More meetings tonite...and then working in the parish library, building the dvd/cd shelves from Ikea, labelling and catalouging endless books, dvds, cds, perodicals..etc...

Then going to the gym and passing out...hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonite because I have a migraine so painful that I haven't slept in three days...and I ran out of excedrin today...and its too cold out to go get more...

On an up note I registered for my classes today and I'm so excited!!!!

It's not interesting to anyone but me I'm sure...but, I am taking

"The New Testament Letters" with the amazing Monsignor Turro who just happens to love me and give me As all the time :) :)

&

"St. Paul's Letter to the Romans" with Fr. Boettcher, who I have never had before.
I hope he doesn't dislike women in seminary classes because I have a 4.0 and I don't want to ruin it....hmmmmm

It makes for along Wednesday. The first class is from 10:30-1:25
and the second is from 6:30- 9:15

I'll have plenty of time at the library on campus in between for homework I guess because its too far to come back and go again.

I was going to take another class (Pneumatology/Evangelization)in between those two, but the professor is really difficult and I was afraid of the workload of three classes and working full time, (and I couldn't afford it because the church stopped paying for my school....) so I'm going to take that class in summer session in June and then I just have my thesis and graduation next December!!!! Any thesis ideas?????

y luego que? and then what...


"After that who cares!"- Mary Bailey


I will be a master of theology, that is all I know...oh except that it is completely and utterly unmarketable....YAY!!!

6 comments:

Maria said...

"I am going to think about your ideas, digest them and see what comes out the other end."

Got to love it!

Cathy said...

Hey Andrea! It's Cathy...the newest "Twilight" junkie. I'm a nerd, too...wanna join my club? :)

Chris said...

question: does the motivational speaker starting off by telling kids he 'lives in a van down by the river?'

Chris said...

those courses sound great, by the way!

andrea johnson said...

I will join your club Cathy...I have seen the movie, which is not even that great...7 times... :)and read each book at least twice since last summer...It frightensme on two levels 1- how much I am leaving unaccomplished by doping this and 2- how much my brain is stagnating...

but oh well, I love Edward...

andrea johnson said...

Chris- the speaker doesn't start that way, but I always dow hen talking to the teens, the young generations doesn't get it anymore sadly...but I actually DID live in a van...so they think that is what I'm talking about...
I am excited for my courses! I start tomorrow morning...