Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Evertyhing's changing

Internally- My brain is trying to change my emotions and perspectives. I wonder about my path more and more these days. I've always ( the last 7-8 years at least) been such a free spirit and wanderer, and really tried to not care about the future (often failing) and just live in the moment. As I get older and increasingly less solvent, I wonder how responsible that is...and my responsible side tells me its time to grow up more but I don't want to sell out either...

Locally- its getting cooler out, the Earth is shifting and as the leaves will soon change, the weather and atmosphere effect my moods and wardrobes... I feel like I put on melancholy along with my sweatshirts. In November and December they are cuddly and warm, but in September and October they make me angry and stubborn....I hate to relinquish summer. There is something so freeing about flip flops, yet that freedom must be relinquished to shoes in all their binding shackles....and all too soon I fear...

Socially- Christine is getting married next week... changes changes changes...I love weddings, hope and love and joy celebrated so fully...family and friends gathered, memories captured forever...and I love Christine and Philippe...for no one else would I wear floor length strapless taffeta...

Globally- The charade of an election is going to effect our country and our world in increasingly complete ways... I fear that it will be negatively... things are constantly changing but it seems so rarely that you hear even a whisper of it ever being for the better...I feel strongly that both 'our' candidates will take us in directions that are very unhealthy for our world.

Religiously- I always love seeing all the children come back to catechism in the fall, it has its ups and downs and the program has its supporters and detractors, but all in all, its is my favorite thing about the fall. At the end of the day, its is God who is in charge and this year I'm trying to let go of that control of always trying to make everyone happy and appeased and just be glad that people are in the house of the Lord. I'm trusting that he will do the rest if we just pray and give him our will and service. Letting go of that responsibility seems like it should be a simple thing, but its hard not to feel responsible when you are the one in charge of the program...humanity and divinity...Divinity wins out...I have to remember just to smile and do the leg work and God will change their hearts.

In relation to the Mets....I had a dream last night....I vow to never watch Sports Center at 3:00am again.. here it is.


Its cold...so cold, and their is grief in the air...."Lets go Mets!!!" is a cry that has been abandoned.... I see Mr Met on a bridge praying for his postseason after a strange adventure that Roberto Clemente came to take him on where he saw what life would be like without all the memories...1962, 1969, 1986, even 2000...that silly home run hat... without these, so many people would be without so much joy...no matter how much its sucks to be seeing how it will all turn out this year, Mr. Met doesn't lose faith anymore, having seen a world without any Mets at all and he beseeches.... "Please Lord...let me live again, I wanna live again" and the ghost of Casey Stengel pulls up..."CASE, hey you know me CASE???" To which Casey responds, "Know ya! I've been drivin all over Flushing tryin' to FIND ya!!!!" and they pull up to Shea just in time to watch the Mets beat the Brewers in the one-game playoff for the Wild Card, in an epic game at Shea...possibly the last one Shea will ever see....stay tuned


That is all I have to say today...

1 comment:

Maria said...

I like the comparison of Mr. Met to George Bailey. How appropriate that the Mets are located in a town called Flushing....like a piece of **** down the toilet!!!! That is the Mets!!!