Thursday, September 18, 2008

Its a Beautiful Day!!!

A friend of mine recently pointed out that most of my posts are sarcastic and melancholic...he enjoys them, but never comments (LOSER) but thinks I could be a bit more upbeat, especially for a minister...and I'm always one to please so here is a happy go lucky entry for the history books. But, in my own defense, I already have two 'religious' web pages, and this one was supposed to be my safe place to be angry and sarcastic :) :) lol

I got up today and it was gorgeous outside...I went for a walk on the beach before work and it was so peaceful that it made me feel hope and joy. I put my toes in and it was chilly ...and yet I kind of wanted to just jump in with all my clothes on and swim!!!

I had to get to work though, so I drove my struggling car and it didn't even bother me, because at least I have a car and i don't have to ride a bike, which wouldn't even be too bad until it gets colder...

i got to work and there was a bunch of red tape stuff with our text book order that has been going on for weeks and it finally all worked out today. And then we had a birthday party with the whole staff for the sexton Ken and it was really fun and we talked about sports and our lives and all the Spanish staff was there so i practiced mi espanol. Fr. Michael is planning a fourth trip to Peru next June and already trying to get me go....but I'm still on medication from last June so i doubt I will go, but its still so exciting how that ministry has grown from 3 people on the first trip to probably over 70 or 80 next June...It reminds me how much good there is in people and the world. And I think of my little Peruvian family and the orphans in Orapesa and my heart feels warm and full from the depth of that life changing experience.

And Now I am getting ready fro the weekend...On Sunday we have our Parish Picnic and I'm running the games!!!! Water balloon volleyball and sack races among other things :) :) I love being game master!!!! We will also have an international buffet from Fr. Michael (Indian) The Brazilians, and the Hispanics (food from 12 countries) to go along with the regular picnic fare Americana ( burger, dogs etc...)

We will have a magician, face painting, a DJ and live church band performances from all our music ministries in all languages. Its only 2-3 times a year that all of our different communities can get together like this and its exciting. IT should be really fun!!!!


In Ministry news We're organizing a major community clothing drive for the St. Vincent de Paul Society in Middletown, CT. All grades 6-12 taking part in publicity and collections. Its a nationwide drive we are taking part in and clothes are really pouring in. it makes me feel so productive, like I'm doing something positive not just for the kids in my programs, but for the needy, and combining the two is so amazing to me.Check out the 'Give it Away' clothing drive at www.lifeteen.com, you can probably find a parish near you that is doing it. The national goal is 50,000lbs of clothes, we set a parish goal of 500lobs, I think were over half -way there and we still have the main collection over a week away!!!!

And last but not least, a mom came in to register her kids for classes yesterday and asked if she could help with anything because she heard from so many people what a great program we have and thinks the changes I've made a re exciting and good for the community....and I was so happy and honored and a little dumbfounded, because I usually mostly hear the negative so that was major cool :)


Okay punks, was that upbeat enough for you????

"I'm not quite dead yet"
"I feeeeeel Haaaaaapppppppppy!!!!!"

Funny and yet sad video here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kkoq5_pN7E


Happy Thursday!!!


Love always,
Your friendly neighborhood spiderman,
Annie

1 comment:

Maria said...

You ARE the happy, happy youth minister.

No sincerely, nice blog. I like the idea of collecting clothes by the pounds!

I miss the Long Island Sound.