Tuesday, September 16, 2008

a few old poems I found while cleaning my computer out :)

Love Lived
The beauty of a moment captured in time
Of peace that cannot be shattered
Preserved by an insight
Conveyed by a vision
No longer a mere moment but a truth to behold
The gift of a life dedicated to love
A life of a prayer that is lived
A blanket when cold
A visit when loneliness creeps
A warm sweet kisses on your head
Profound in devotion
This love is reflex
in world of chaos and confusion
Compassion replaces the cacophony
At last, the sanity of love
And a lifetime of moments to gather
Summer Silence
The sand washes in over a forgotten beach
Life continues of course
But will not be the same
I remember that summer day when I last saw you
What I would have said, have done, had I known
The days seemed so endless, yet they ended so abruptly
And for you they were far to few
The bleached benches still stand
And the hot pavement too,
Wreaking havoc on the feet of small children
There are a few people here today
A party or a a barbecue
Ignoring them is effortless
My mind is a place far from here
There's no life away from you
Life itself seems like background noise
There is a profound silence
And it is reigning in my head
I break through it to ponder how I stand here alone
And I think of how it should be you instead
My heart is filling with a longing
Never to be realized, never to leave me
Every question unanswered until we meet again
The summer of silence plays on
And on
And on
Unaware
I sit and I ponder and my mind wanders endlessly
The subjects dancing about in constant flux
Inside my head s a myriad of musings
Can you understand?
Is it true that anyone could?
I could let you in for a peek
And I suppose that I will, that I already have
Just don't get to cozy in my thoughts
This is my sanctuary, this is mine
So be my guest for a time, but then you must go
Who can you trust with a thought that is your own?
These have taken a while to reclaim from a certain intruder
Before I knew it he was there in my head
He was there, I let him in and I was caught
I had shared a part of myself
And now I wonder more than ever before
Is my life on shelf?
Are my thoughts part of another tale?
Yes, and now they are free for anyone to read.
How improbable.
It won't happen again
You were here to browse and now you can go
The depths belong only to me
So sorry if I accidentally caught you
Just as he caught me
So unaware...

1 comment:

Maria said...

Annie

Very pretty poems...I enjoyed reading them.

Thanks for sharing!

Maria